Friday 25 May 2012

Day 8 - Johannesburg Airport - O R Tambo - South Africa


"Every time I say goodbye ... I cry a little ..."


It's been a week of goodbyes ... people, hotels, lodges and animals ... and I have to say that I feel quite sad this evening.


While many think that this job is fantastic (it is), it has it downsides and the "goodbyes" are THE worst.


Today was my last at The Royal Malewane (for now!) and I have to admit that there was a wee tear as I drove to the airport at Hoedspruit. I have left friends behind ...


This morning I went on a game drive with Wilson and Juan ... the first interaction we filmed was two hyenas being chased by wild dogs! This is an amazing thing to see and indeed film ... and very rare.


We finished off our filming, packed and left ...


Am now at the Intercontinental Hotel at OR Tambo Airport (Johannesburg) where we are filming a few segments with South African Airways ...


On Sunday, there will be a pictorial account of this ...


Sad, sad ...
 Thank you and goodbye.

 Hyena and Wild Dogs ...
My friendly giraffe who lives near Suite 8 ... The Royal Suite at The Royal Malewane
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv